Global Slavery Index
Transforming the Global Slavery Index from a 270 page PDF report into a powerful, scalable and interactive tool for advocacy for years to come
Clients: Walk Free
The Walk Free Foundation, is an international civil society organisation based in Australia and working towards the eradication of modern slavery, notably through the regular publication of its flagship report: The Global Slavery Index (GSI). Åpenhet has developed a data-exploration portal displaying all the data from several editions of the GSI report.
- Walk Free was planning on publishing the Global slavery Index 2022
- The comprehensiveness and high relevance of available data has not been met with sufficiently interactive, dynamic and appealing design and visualizations
- Data should be accessible, understandable and stir into action
Åpenhet offered to develop an online and interactive web platform that would allow for centralized access to all the data used in the aforementioned study. Åpenhet would develop tailored data visualisations that would improve readability and exportability of the findings, while giving the user the possibility to dive further into the underlying raw data - following the methodology.
- Highly user friendly data navigation
- Increased impact for advocacy and awareness raising
- International media attention